Friday, February 6, 2009

My science experiment

So I'm well into CD50+ territory, so at this point I think I'm willing to try just about any witch's brew concoction to either ovulate or start my period. Seriously, if you told me right now that a beet juice enema would bring on AF, I would be shoving beety brine up my starfish faster than you can say "TMI!"

But here's something you might've noticed about me, but since I'm all about pointing out and dramatizing the obvious, I'm going to point it out right here:
I'm a 2001 graduate of Google Medical and love the ability to find anything and everything on the interwebs. It's outstanding. So I've been reading about anovulatory cycles, estrogen levels, herbal and natural treatments, etc. I started taking Vitex (does anyone else think it's funny that it's name is actually chaste berry?) earlier this week, but then did some research about giving the old ovaries a little one-two punch with 4 days of soy isoflavones. I guess if you're taking both for the long term health benefits, they kinda cancel each other out, but if you just do the 4 days of soy, it still has that clomid-like effect.

And, as a big old FYI, I'm looking into a local natural health center who is hosting a seminar on Monday on female issues. It's kinda random that the seminar is on Monday and I just found the place today... Let's hope I don't end up wandering into some alternate universe...

2 comments:

  1. Bahahahaha. Do you know if me (with the short cycles)should just start taking the Vitex, AFTER O? I'm going to look into it, but tell me what you know. Tell ME! I'm emailing you those pages on annov. So you maybe can take them with you to the seminar. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahaha, gah girl, you crack me up. I hope you O soon!

    ReplyDelete