Friday, February 20, 2009

Your thoughts: A poll for my gentle readers

I'm well over the 2 month marker since my last period, so I'm getting to the point that I need to decide what to do next.

My choices at this point are to:

1) Wait it out and see what happens (which could be another month or so).

2) Fill my prescription for provera to induce a period (which is what I suspect threw off my cycle in October--but of course I can't prove this. I had been pretty regular at about 38-40 days until I took that and the next cycle was 73 days)

After that decision is made, the next decision would be to:

1) give it another natural shot to let things happen

2) consult a natural health specialist and look into more herbal supplements or acupuncturee

3) call my dr. for a consultation

I've been fairly inclined to talk to a natural health specialist considering the good things I've been reading about it. I called two today to get an idea of how things work and what they run. One of them costs $175 for an initial consultation and testing to get your hormone levels. They seemed to really know their shit.

Acupuncture runs $70/visit or 10 visits for $500. So the whole natural health route seems more expensive than I initially thought it would be, but I guess in the grand scheme of things, the last round of tests that I had with my RE easily ran me $500 with copays and deductibles.

What would you do, gentle readers? Poll's on the right.

1 comment:

  1. See, if you take provera, you will always wonder if that was the cause if you have a long cycle next time.
    As far as the next step:
    hmm, I say see your doctor and talk to him or her about option number 2

    ReplyDelete