Monday, February 23, 2009

Don't believe the hype. Yet.


*stares at chart*

Yeah, I'm not convinced.

Sure, it's a nice temp rise. I mean, I'm not one to knock the possibility of a functional babymaker. I mean, I think we all know I'd be the first one to set up a parade in my living room if I thought an egg could be released from my cyst-ridden ovaries.

So at the risk of being crowned MrsDebbie Downer, I think we should recognize and take heed of the the mounting evidence against me:

- It's barely above the coverline.
- I drank both Friday and Saturday night. Now, I didn't get bombed or go to bed even tipsy, but I think both nights I was in the 3-4 drink range (spread out over a few hours).
- Sat and Sun nights DH had our space heater on in our room. While I didn't get excessively hot, I wonder if the air in the room could affect my temp that slightly.
- Let's not fool ourselves. This has happened before (CD's 20 & 35).

The only evidence in favor of these CH's being even moderately factual is that my CM has totally dried up, my CP is low and closed (so far), and my boobs feel like they're going to explode. Isn't that a sign of the progesterone phase of the cycle? Or am I imagining that I read that somewhere?

And FYI, if this indeed was the real deal, our timing was completely non-existent, as we only BD'd the morning of my temp rise. And seriously, I'm not upset about this at all. If indeed it turns out to be an O, I'm gonna be dancing in the streets based on this fact alone.

I'm not gonna lie, though. It feels good to see 3DPO next to my ticker. It makes me feel like a 2nd or 3rd string player instead of just sitting on the sidelines.

1 comment:

  1. I totally get your reluctance to accept the CH's and at this point, I wouldnt trust them either. They've fooled you one too many times... :)

    About your fertility tea post, I have never tried any but Im considering it. I have not selected one yet. I am going to try the "herbal" approach when I do my IUI- some fertility tea, maybe some acunpuncture. Couldnt hurt, right?

    ReplyDelete