So I'm fairly certain that I will not be making my own victory lap Derby weekend. Which is good because the dress that I have purchased looks amazing with 4" heels. And I have a hat, which would totally blow off if I tried to jog.
But the reason that I'm so sure at 4DPO, you ask? I have to warn you that it requires a wee bit of an explanation, suspension of disbelief, and a potentially flame-worthy question(s). (Get ready, GP and BOTB'ers! It's a goodie!)
But you know what? That's what I'm here for. To ask the ridiculous question that I've been trying to research and can't find an answer for, in hopes that it makes someone else feel a wee better about their intelligence level--either by providing snarky material or by someone who has pondered the exact same query. You are not alone, dear e-friends!
Anyway. So I had the same thing happen both this cycle and last. At 5DPO and 4DPO (Cycle 1-2, respectively) I had a pink spotting accompanied by a dark dot about the size of a *.
Now, I'm not asking you to crawl up my vagina and tell me what happened (but if you're going to, please be sure to wiggle around and make it worth my while, mmkay?), nor am I fishing for pregnancy signs. Quite the opposite. What I am looking for is for anyone to tell me if they had this happened to them before and if my hypothesis is even possible.
So here it is. I am well aware that a human egg is smaller than a period at the end of a sentence. I am also aware that said egg is encased in a jelly like substance/membrane, such as was seen in those ovulation photos posted awhile ago.
So if and when an egg is not fertilized, can you see this larger membrane when it is discharged? And is it, say the size of an *? And since it is discharged during your luteal phase and not during your period, would this be proper timing for that to happen?
Interwebs, I cannot find answers to my query. Either tell me what brilliant medical knowledge you have to share, tell me you've experienced this, or talk some sense into me.
Any which way you choose to reply, just know that it's for the greater good.
I sent you an email! Can I just say I love looking at the ovulating photo! I think I might shove that up my vag so my ovaries can take a good looong look. Welcome to the craziness that is the 2WW! loves and hugs!
ReplyDeleteI have no flippin' clue, but it is a good theory IMO...
ReplyDeleteAh, I thought you were from NoCal because you used the word "hella." I didn't know people from the midwest also use that term! I even have a t-shirt that says "I hella love Oakland." Anyway, I digress...I just wanted to say good luck for a BFP. I wish I could help regarding all that physiological stuff, but I'm still just getting used to checking my CM.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had some answers for you, but I have no idea either. It would make sense, in theory, right? But I really don't know if that's how it really works.
ReplyDeleteGood luck, though! I'll be watching your chart closely during this 2ww.
Thanks everyone for not looking at me like I have corn growing out of my ears. I'm sure it was hard to hide that.
ReplyDeleteAs boxie told me, my egg probably can't just fall out of me Indiana Jones style. Maybe it's just something that's normal for me, but isn't necessarily something that can be medically explained.
I was just hoping someone else had it happen, but I guess the cheese stands alone.