Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I caved

I've been back and forth (and back. and forth. and so forth.) on when I would be ready to look into alternative forms of treatment... Besides taking info from my RE, plugging it into Google, cross-referencing with my homegirls on GP and then coming up with my own little herbal remedy. You know, the herbal remedy that is clearly working soooo well (nods to chart, laughs at FF's CH's).

Anyway, I had been given the contact information for an acupuncturist who helped my friend with her IVF and decided to drop him a line. Of course I wussed out by sending an email instead of calling, but I explained my situation (briefly. Believe it or not, I can be concise. It's only one day a week that I have this power so I have to run with it.) and requested pricing and what an initial consultation would entail.

DH and I had discussed pursuing this for cycle 3 and since I'm already on CD33 with no O in sight, let's assume that I'm on the same path as last time and that we'll be well into May when cycle 3 arrives.

Side note: I am hopeful that even if I O around the same time as last cycle (CD65) that I'm at least I'm 1/2 way there. Time has been flying this cycle, so it's no biggie.

Lastly, I finally finished reading The Infertility Cure this week. It was interesting, but I probably fell asleep reading it about 80% of the time that I picked it up before bed.

Anyway, I enjoyed the opportunity to self-diagnose myself with Liver Qi stagnation, slight Kidney (Yin? Yang? I forget) deficiency, and blood supply issues (I'm again unable to remember what this is called. There's blood stagnation and then something else.)

Man, maybe I shouldn't have been drinking wine and reading this book at the same time, falling asleep in the process. It sounds like I've learned nothing, but I think that just a slight basis of knowledge will help me understand WTF the acupuncturist will be saying to me.

Anyway, that's all of the news that's fit to print.

xoxo,
MSC

3 comments:

  1. I am so with you. I am about to open myself up to the internet at large and say, what can I possibly do in the realm of anything to help myself ovulate at all? I am willing to do a lot at this point just to make that happen. I'm not even asking for a baby, at this point, just the miracle of ovulation will be enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I have that book to and must say I feel asleep often as well when holding it! It was interesting but very technical...Oh well the more I know the better right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. GL with the acupuncturist, Im curious to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete