Tuesday, January 6, 2009

False alarm

Everyone, back to your stations! Nothing to see here, just keep movin' along. I'm sure you have jobs to do and very important lives to lead, so there's no reason sittin' around here, checking to see if I ovulated.

So I know you're supposed to just go home and jump your DH when you have such obvious fertile signs (not clueing him in on the fact that you may indeed be fertile in order to keep the pressure off), but I felt the need to give him a heads up because despite the fact that we had discussed trying and feeling ready and had been swinging from the chandeliers for the past two weeks, my strong fertility signs yesterday made me feel like we were in need of a little sit-down to confirm how we were feeling before we proceeded. And talk we did. He felt the same panic that I did, along with second guessing, and eventually we just talked it out.

It was a long conversation, examining all of this pressure we're under from all angles to start to reproduce and how we feel about each pressure. I tried to keep my comments to ones that just encouraged him to explore his feelings rather than be an additional pressure to convince him. And when it was all said and done we came out to the same conclusion... We both feel about 85% ready to do this, but can't come up with a single reason not to. It's just the fear of the unknown holding us back.

I guess I just felt like we'd declared that we wanted this in theory, but I needed to confirm it more formally.

And then my temp didn't rise this morning. BOOO!

Could I have been that wrong? Was this just a newbie mistake, getting so excited and rallying the troops? I mean, there was a ton of unmistakable EWCM throughout the day and evening, my temps have been low and consistent since the holidays, my CP seemed right on and surprisingly high... and I'm not a cramping person, but I distinctly felt a sharp pain in my righthand side after I got home that I thought had to be an ovulation pain (seriously, it stopped me in my tracks!) I mean, aren't phantom pains for people who are sitting still, waiting and hoping to feel a pain? Or did my appendix burst? JK.

So here we are today, PNV was taken early this morning and I've waited the required number of hours before I started drinking my mug of green tea (this is my first day adding it to my regimen, for the record). Will I ovulate today? Did my body just try and due to lack/overage of hormones, stopped? Will Wonder Woman bear fruit before her 30th birthday (10/18)?

Stay tuned, kiddies!

1 comment:

  1. Im glad you and DH has a good heart to heart about TTC, its nice to get all the craziness out in the open and know that no matter what, you're in it together.

    And there is a good chance that you did O OR its possible that your body is getting ready to do it but hasnt done so yet. I know that I have had months where I KNEW I O'd on a certain day but it took 2 days until my temp went up. I have also had months where it took my body a few times to get itself ready to O. Heck, I had 6 + OPKs this cycle and felt like I was going to O each time, yikes! :)

    ReplyDelete