Yeah, I can't say I'm surprised, but I can say that I enjoyed yesterday--feeling good that my suspected O symptoms had been confirmed and that I was not a) crazy (well, you know. I didn't imagine my symptoms) b) a completely anovulatory failure c) waiting to O. I was apparently wrong on all of these accounts.
"How's your temp?" DH asked, face still completely buried in blankets and pillows.
"Nothing great," I replied.
DH reached over and rubbed my back.
"Aw, I'm sorry, honey..."
"I'm fine. I kinda expected it."
I rolled over and closed my eyes feeling just fine about this and knowing FF would take my beloved and celebrated crosshairs away from me. I was still exhausted and really just wanted to fall back asleep for a few more hours.
But of course I couldn't and it ended up turning into a mental bargaining session of sorts... "Should I take it again? Wait, I swallowed my spit 1/2 way through and my mouth felt colder after that. What if it was my magical saliva that would have kept it warm enough? DH would know if I retook my temperature... He'd hear the beep. What if I rolled over, grabbed the BBT, and took it as I was walking out of the room. He wouldn't hear it beep in the next room when it goes off and would that quick walk affect it that much, would it? Or I could turn on the space heater and fall asleep waiting for the room to heat up more, take my temp later and enter it as a later temp to see what happens.
"C'mon, MSC. You know that's cheating.
"Wait, it rose .2--that's all I need, right? No wait, that's .02. Wait. Carry the 1... Still .02." (What can I say? I was not only seriously groggy, but mathematics doesn't fall under my "super hero strengths" column, okay?)
Then more mental instability set in and I started thinking about last night when we went to bed... You see, we always turn down the heat in the house to like 58, and then we have a space heater in our bedroom that we always use (we're in the attic bedroom and it doesn't get a lot of heat anyway), but it wasn't that cold in our room so we didn't turn it on. I remembered the scene when DH asked me about it like a slo-mo...
DH: "I don't think it's that cold in here, do you think we'll need the space heater?"
My mind: "If it throws my temps off, I swear to jeebus I'm going to be pissed... *deep breath* Okay, let's be reasonable. If a space heater is enough to throw it off, I probably didn't O. I'll be warm under the covers and it'll only make a difference if it's ass cold in here, at which point, I'll know that it's to blame. And if it's cold in here and my temp still rises, I'll be confident in knowing that it was for real."
Me: "Nah, I think we'll be okay."
Eventually I was able to keep my excitable newbie dork at bay and after about 45 minutes of my mind racing behind closed eyelids, I fell back asleep.
Oh, and did I mention that I've been feeling the creepings of a sore throat this morning and now have concerns that my temp rise is a illness farce? It's been so slight that I kinda doubt it, but it's been enough to try to keep me balanced and not get all upset when I lose my CH's.
Oh man! Although, I will give this piece of info. Its not uncommon at 3-5 DPO to have a "fallback" temp, as your body adjusts to the introduction of progesterone from ovulation. So give it a couple more days, see how it goes.
ReplyDeleteBut if you didnt O and fertility friend faked you out with some faux CH's, dont give up yet! :)