Well, well, well. The elusive solid crosshairs have decided to make their way into my life. Never thought I'd see the day, and especially on my first go-round after watching for any potentially encouraging fertility signs for a year.
So do I trust this? Do I allow myself to think this is the 2ww and that I can now relax and enjoy the ride? Do I give into the inclination to totally make out with those crosshairs?
I think my feelings can best be described in song. If I had an option for video, I would include an interpretive dance. Since I don't have that kind of technology available, please envision me, a vision in my superhero leotard, face painted a deep navy blue with silver stars and sparkles. My Aquanet styled hair has been pulled slickly into a bun and for no known reason, I've chosen to do this dance en pointe, although I know no ballet.
I describe this dance as a somber, yet wistful praise dance to the fertility gods. I see it as a glimmer of hope in a cruel world.
AHEM! Me me me... Okay, I think I'm in tune now!
Today you're mine completely
You mark ovulation so sweetly
Today the mark of two week wait is in your sight
But will you move or disappear tomorrow?
Is this fertility's greatest treasure?
Or is it a moment's pleasure?
Can believe the magic of your sights?
Crosshairs, will you be here tomorrow?
Today with your solid token
And you say that I'm the ovulatory one, yeah
But will my heart be broken
When they turn dotted or disappear?
I'd like to know that this thing
Is mark I can trust in
So tell me now, cause I won't ask again
Crosshairs, will you be here tomorrow?
Crosshairs, will you be here tomorrow?
xoxo,
MSC
I am honestly in tears over your song. I think you missed your calling as an obscure, yet well needed song writer. Did they have that major in college?
ReplyDeleteGlad you enjoyed it. I've always had a lady boner for writing parodies.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I hope you realized this was to the tune of, "Will you still love me tomorrow?" Guess I should have mentioned that in my post. My bad.
ReplyDeleteI just started reading your blog after I saw your comment on mine. (Thanks for that, by the way!) I'm enjoying your posts - so funny! Congrats on the CH!
ReplyDelete