Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I choose you, dear Internet!

It's funny how swiftly things change and how our minds are so quickly filled with all of this new knowledge of how our bodies work - an acute awareness of our BBT's, CM, CP, luteal phase lengths, etc. It's sort of an isolating thing because it's not something you can share with everyone you meet, yet it's the only thing running through your mind through most of the day. I mean, who really cares that your temp went up .3 today (like mine did) and how you're hoping and waiting to see if tomorrow will be the same?

My family and friends are not aware of the journey we're embarking on. DH doesn't need that sort of deep level of information because hello--that's TMI on the female reproductive system... As he said yesterday in an email, "I still like to pretend babies come from storks and that mating is performed to conjure the mythical creatures with babies born from our DNA that is extracted while we sleep." He's funny, that one!

So who does that leave?

Well, that leaves you, my dearest Interweb! You're the one stuck at my mercy to read my charts and understand where I'm coming from whether you like it or not.

So today I give you my hatred for what the holidays have done (I'm choosing to not take responsibility and you can't stop me) to my otherwise beautiful charts. I give you my chart as it stands now:


A hot mess, right?

Now would you like for me to do a magic trick? If I discard each hellatrocious temperature caused by drinking the night before (with my family--because at my age, that's my definition of fun. That and being awesome at Wheel of Fortune), here's what we have:


Sexy, beautiful, and downright perky, isn't it? You kinda want to make out with it, don'cha?

So while those holidays provided a fond little send-off to being a carefree 20 something who doesn't concern herself with her uterus and potentially growing a child there, I now bid those days farewell. You might see a glass of wine here or there to console me when AF has reared her nasty little head, but I think it's safe to say that those days are over. I'm turning in my superhero drinking powers in order to become The Eagle Scout of TTC.

Let's just hope my temps soar like an eagle tomorrow and all will be right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment