I come from a family of three girls, so I used to think that I could only imagine myself with a girl--but last month something happened that changed my way of envisioning my (phantom) future. Do you remember the Valentine's Day drawing DH made me--it's him holding our two cats and it just said, "Happy Valentine's Day from your boys."
Anyway, there was something about being the mother hen to a this funny, rowdy bunch of boys that suddenly warmed my heart. Since then when I think about having kids, I smile at both the idea of either gender instead of just naturally envisioning a girl.
Oh, and I totally went out and bought that "Daddy's Little Skipper" shirt that I posted awhile ago. And we were at World Market and they had this pirate hooded towel that DH picked up with this look on his face and I just about melted. I was tempted to go back and buy it to hide it away, but it was $20, looked a little cheap, and I just couldn't justify the purchase. I will not be someone who stockpiles cute things (if I can help it).
So I'm sitting here at my desk, daydreaming about one last magical Christmas season of it being just me and DH, rubbing my KU belly and dreaming about our future. It's so dang romantic that it makes me *almost* want to TTA for the next few weeks... But I'm not that stupid, nor do I operate in a dream world and I will gladly accept a baby whenever fate would like to send one my way. So the BD'ing continues!
Today is Fertile Day 4 on my OV-Watch (it has been counting from 1-4). Then it will give me two days of ovulation reading and two post-ovulation days. So we will see shortly if the dang thing works, or if it can be faked out. I'm just going to try to keep myself nice and calm and relatively distracted to avoid delaying ovulation. I have a busy enough week with fun plans every night, but I promise to be a good little girl and not throw off my temps.
*Points at chart*Sigh* I know, I know, you chart stalkers are probably ready to kill me, but I've been having so much fun! There have been nights of fun, disrupted sleep, and let's not forget the few bottles of wine that have been consumed along the way. But with O potentially approaching, I'm back on the wagon. I've had my fun (and it was awesome!)
Good luck with the OV Watch!! I used it for the first time in Dec/Jan and got pregnant! I am happily 12 weeks along with a healthy pregnany!! :) Best Wishes!!
ReplyDelete