Monday, March 23, 2009

The Zen cycle

So if my first cycle was all anxious and pressured in my newbie glory, this one is my Zen cycle. Seriously, I'm so calm and peaceful about this whole thing that I'm even shocking myself.

Last cycle I was just so unbelievably stressed by the fear of the unknown (can/will I ovulate?) and the pressure of turning 30 in October and wanting to become a mom at 29... but really? What's the difference of a couple of months or a year? No biggie, right?

I think the other part of this is that while I'd be happy with a baby at any time, I think I would enjoy one last Christas/New Year's of just me and DH. I know that's terribly selfish, but I can really see us ringing in the new year, drinking in that it's our last one with it being just the two of us. Now if that date rolls around and things still haven't worked out I'm probably going to be pretty sad about it, but for now, I'm holding onto that vision.

My OV-Watch says I'm on Fertile day 3. I'm still not sure if this is going to accurately predict ovulation for me, but we'll be knocking the boots for the next few days just in case.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that you're taking it easy. GL this cycle!

    ReplyDelete