I think one of my sensors on my OV-Watch is drying out already, so last night I let it sit on some water for a few minutes, then I reattached. When I tested it right away, it worked, but then I'd wait an hour or so and test again and it wasn't working.
I did a longer soak and then it would only work when I pressed down on the face. I tightened the band a bit and went to bed.
But then I woke up at 6:00 a.m. to this (or something similar--I stole this from Google Images, but it's probably pretty similar in level of swelling)... If I hadn't just read about this happening in an Amazon.com review, I probably would've freaked out. I could not believe that my hand had swollen so much!

So I took off the watch, shook my hand and massaged it for awhile and then kept waking up to check on it.
If anyone is chart stalking me, pay no attention to this morning's temp. My cats were all over the place, waking me up, I had this random swollen hand, and OH YEAH! I drank an entire bottle of wine last night! LOL! It was a delicious French Cote du Rhone red that I spread out over several hours (like 5) so I didn't get bombed, but I certainly drank the whole thing myself.
Today is my last day of soy, so it turns out that I did 2 days of 80mg and three days of 120. I've decided to take it as a positive that I got all mixed up on my amounts (and I had a few times that I suddenly couldn't remember what cycle day I was on) because it shows that I'm not obsessing.
I'm off to go to a baby shower today. It'll be fine--I'm just crossing my fingers that I know more people than the mom-to-be and DH's ex girlfriend, who I think will be there. This didn't bother me at first, but then DH mentioned a few times that he thought it was weird that I was going to go (the dad to be was one of our groomsmen and I adore this girl, why would I not go?) Then I was standing in the gift wrap aisle, completely overthinking if I should go festive and gender neutral (so I could use the rest of the wrapping paper roll for another shower), traditional boy, or really trendy.
It was at that moment that I realized that I was trying to be Little Miss Perfect because I knew she'd be there. I immediately gave myself a mental bitch-slap and walked up to the counter with the gender neutral paper. Screw it. I'm better than that!
I am, however, wearing my amazing pink Burberry skirt, heels, and accessorizing the gift with gorgeous satin ribbon and a silk flower. Eat that! ;-)
Hope the shower went well! I saw your post on GP about the outfit poll a few minutes ago. I was hoping you would pick the pink one! Even if you picked the other one, I'm sure you looked fabulous!
ReplyDeleteOK Confession - When this popped up in my blogger reading list I thought "Wow! MrsSC has man hands." I then preceded to think about the episode about "man hands" on Seinfield. - End Confession.
ReplyDeleteAfter reading your adventures - Good Luck with the OV watch and Enjoy the baby shower.