Thursday, February 18, 2010

There s/he is Miss/Mr. America!

So this morning DH and I ventured out to meet with the midwife and have our first ultrasound. Everything looked great and the minute the little nugget was up on the screen and clearly pulsating, DH promptly dissolved into tears. Sweetest!moment!ever! In that moment, I fell in love with him againx7000.

Our little monster is measuring a few days ahead of schedule, which is exciting and promising, but I know that it's easy for measurements to be off by a day or two. I feel like it's cheating, but my new EDD is 10/9/10. Either way, we should be having a little libra in mid-October.

And as for something odd and sweet to file in the "strange coincidences" box, when I got into my car this morning they were playing old interviews on Howard Stern and Julian Lennon was on--the son of John Lennon and the boy that Paul McCartney wrote "Hey Jude" for. Very strange coincidence, right?

I still struggle with the things happen for a reason/there's a greater plan stuff, but for now I'll just take it as Baby Jude giving me the heads up that she's a-okay and on board with this.

Oh and BTW, this new baby is already making his/her presence known--she's giving me gray hairs! I had 3 new ones pop up last week (together, overnight! I check every.single.morning along my hairline PLUS two gray eyebrow hairs! WTF?!?!

*sigh* You know what, I'll take it! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your first appointment went well. I'm really so excited for you and your H that there aren't words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!! i'm due on oct 10th - great time! :)

    ReplyDelete