Saturday, February 6, 2010

The meaning of the leaf and the teardrop

When I was in the hospital, they gave me a card with a poem and the meaning of the leaf and the teardrop. I wanted to share it for all of you have experienced losses as well, in hopes that meaning brings you a little comfort.



A growing leaf, green in color, has fallen prematurely. It has separated from the tree of life and landed in a pool of water, of many tears. It is a dark moment. A human tear lingers on the freshly fallen leaf... before it turns brown.
Fallen.
Drifting aimlessly
on a sea of grief and pain
the leaf cradles a teardrop.
Offers refuge.
Embodies hope.
Just as winter awakens to spring,
our deepest sorrow harbors the seed of hope renewed.
Hope renewed.

by Susan Ring.

6 comments:

  1. Hope renewed. It's the promise of a better tomorrow. Thank you for the super sweet post.
    m.monkey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that MSC. My hopes are renewed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope renewed. Thanks MSC...it gave me chills :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My beautiful strong,rock of a wife went through a very long arduous labor over the weekend and birthed a still born baby girl. She was the most beautiful little thing Ive ever seen and we miss her terribly already. We named her 'Ulla' and she stole our hearts.
    There is no comfort for that Im afraid,not even this postcard they posted on our hospital door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there--I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete