Wednesday, May 19, 2010

There's motion in my ocean

On Monday, I had just finished polishing off some pita and hummus (and firing off an email to Becky with questions about her baby's kicking--she's 10 days ahead of me) and suddenly--Pop!

YES! Kicks! Baby X kept kicking and squirming like mad for the next two hours--so either s/he really likes or really hates hummus. LOL! Either way, I'll take it! It was such a fabulous morning, I was just a smiling fool in my little cube.

Yesterday was pretty quiet, despite my best efforts to entice s/he with more hummus--a random feeling here or there that I wasn't able to really identify and this afternoon I had two nice kicks that made me smile. I know sooner or later, I'll be begging this child to settle down so that I can get some sleep, but for now I'm just 100% in heaven.

Monday is our full anatomy scan, but I honestly haven't really been thinking about it all that much--I'm too fascinated by finally seeing a growing belly and feeling kicks after spending the last year waiting for those things to happen. I've even been tempted to switch it up and go Team Green and not have them tell us, but I think all of our friends and family would lose their minds!

However, if we get there and Baby X isn't cooperating, we might just shrug our shoulders and wait until October. MWAHAHA!! ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Awww... I miss baby kicks!! And you have to find out the sex! Well, you don't HAVE to, but you so have to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I love that you are feeling little kicks. That is amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! I totally made your blog! And I'm so excited that little bug decided to give his (yes, I'm deciding to take that side) momma a little reminder that he's growing happily!

    ReplyDelete