Friday night I had my first ever, undeniable baby kick... And now I'm addicted.
DH and I went out to dinner and were relaxing on the patio talking when suddenly I realized that I was not only feeling something push in my lower left abdomen, but that it was dragging itself along my tummy for a good 1-2 inches. Then I felt a little tap.
My eyes got wide and I gasped, slapped my husband on his arm and exclaimed that I just felt my first baby kick. I described it to him in agonizing detail (also demonstrating on his arm) and during this process, felt another little tap.
If it wouldn't have made that dragging motion, I probably wouldn't have been paying attention, but that was just so distinct that I was absolutely floored. I kept cheering for the baby to do it again and immediately texted my entire family. I was wigging out like you would not believe!
Since then it's just been back to the popcorn popping feeling and an occasional nondescript squirmy motion feeling (the two things I had with Jude) but the actual kick just floored me. I can't wait to feel it again!
YAY for baby kicks!! best feeling evah!
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwww! I bet that was amazing!!!! I hope you feel some more soon!
ReplyDeleteYea! It really is the best. =)
ReplyDelete