My weekend was productive, if nothing else.
A few tears here and there, but no major crying bouts. Friday night we assembled our new dining room chairs (part of our retail therapy spending spree which is about to come to a screeching hault). Saturday was rainy and gloomy so we went to to lunch, ran a few errands, and then spent the rest of the afternoon taking naps and watching Grey's Anatomy in bed. We visited with my aunt and BIL in the evening.
Sunday I went on an overdue, mad cleaning spree. My house got very cluttered this summer with party supplies from summer events that I had started to clean up after we had the baby, but it never got fully completed and things were still piling up too fast for us to keep up with it. So I put in a full 8-9 hour day sorting, scrubbing, hauling trash, doing laundry and organizing. Much progress was made and with a little more effort I'd give my house the "Houseguest Ready" stamp of approval.
So that's my weekend.
It's still hard and some days I feel like I take steps forward or backward, but since the weekend seem to be just standing still, I'll take it!
Congrats on your cleaning spree! It always feels cleansing to me. And naps and cuddling sound awesome. =)
ReplyDeleteLove cleaning spree days, always feel so refreshed after. Like a new start :)
ReplyDelete