Monday, September 21, 2009

Vanity

I still look like I looked while pregnant. My belly hadn't popped (even at 21 weeks) but I definintely looked like I'd gained weight. My pregnancy acne has lessened, but hasn't gone away completely.

I gained 10 lbs while pregnant and while I lost 5 of that so far, I have another 10 or so that I gained while TTC from the herbs that I was taking. So I'm stuck between maternity clothes that need to be lasso'd onto me and prepregnancy clothes that look like I'm squishing myself into a tube of toothpaste. I have bulges in places I've never had bulges before. I have a fear that as my hormones continue to go back to normal, I'm going to continue to lose breast volume and they'll sag.

I know everyone says to not let these things bother you, that it's just what happens when you get pregnant... but what about when you're not pregnant anymore and you have nothing to show for it?

I don't feel attractive and I'm daunted by the task of losing the weight. I'm normally a very healthy eater (even while pregnant), but since this all happened, it's been restaurants, take-out, and heat n' eats--none of which is very good for me. And the cycle continues--the food makes me feel lazy, so I'm too lazy to get back on track.

What to do, what to do...

5 comments:

  1. It's hard to feel good about yourself when you've gone through such a tramatic experience. Take a day to get your hair done and maybe a massage or some nails painted. Sometimes that makes a huge difference. I am constantly thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. I wish I had some grand words of wisdom when it came to weight loss and body image, but unfortunately, I struggle with it myself. Just know that what you're going through is totally normal and you'll be able to get back on track when you're good and ready.
    m.monkey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely feel you on this one. I am regaining the weight I lost immediately after Gabriel was born (the ding-dong diet probably didn't help . . .), and need to work on that. The teasing ideas of the next pregnancy (which we are planning on at this point) and the threat of a new doctor and how most doctors react to my weight, let alone my weight + ttc/pregnancy are the ones that feel most like motivation, but I just feel so tired at the end of the day.

    If you'd like to talk more, please email me at easjer05@gmail.com. I'm so very sorry about the loss of your sweet baby Jude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you are being too hard on yourself. Give yourself a break...I'm sure you as beautiful as ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took 2 months for my pg acne to go away. Just in time for me to start hormones because AF refused to show. Fun times. And I STILL wear my bella band on occassion! {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete