Sunday, August 30, 2009

Too sweet to stay

The past two days have blown my mind and changed my life in ways that I never expected, nor thought possible. In fact, just about everything I expected or worried about turned out to be the exact opposite. I'll share more as I can pull my thoughts together. For now I'm just going to record what I want to remember the most.

Our little girl would have turned out to be so beautiful. For as small as she was, she had chubby little cheeks, her dad's nose and hair color (on her eyebrows), and my chin and feet and hands--long and slender. I don't know whose lips she had, but they were so full and lovely.

I couldn't stop staring at her perfect little nose and sneaking a peek under the blanket at her perfect little bubble toes and the tiny creases on the bottom of her feet. Even when there were people in the room, I didn't want to take my eyes off of her. I'd see them again another time, but this was all of the time that I had.

So lovely, so peaceful, so gentle.

Baby Jude
August 29, 2009
12 oz, 10 inches

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(EDIT: Yes, those feet are almost exactly to scale.)

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you got to see your perfect little angel. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MSC, my heart is absolutely breaking for you and your family. I truly am amazed by your strength to even get on here and share what has been happening. I hope that the days ahead get a little bit easier each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MSC, my heart is just breaking for you and your family. I so admire the strength you have to be able to get on here and share everything. I hope that each day gets a little bit easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs, tears, and words will never be enough. I am so glad that you got to spend such precious time with your sweet babe. All my love to my wonder woman and her family.
    ~karlybarly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire you strength and courage, it is absolutely admirable. I am glad you got to spend time with your little girl. I know she is up there watching over you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so very sorry MSC. I'm sure she looked just like a little angel, beautiful and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You don't know me but I have been following your blog for months. I am a fellow Bumpie. I am so sorry for what you are going through. I am glad you had a few moments with your precious little girl. Peace to you and your DH.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't imagine what you have gone through in these last few days. But I am happy you got to see your baby girl. You and your husband are just so strong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are an amazing woman. I'm glad you got to see your sweet little angel and spend those moments with her. My love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My heart is breaking for you MSC. You are so strong. I have been thinking about you the past few days. I have sent many thoughts and prayers your way. I am so glad you got to see your baby girl. I know words can never be enough at times like this but do know we all care about you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just got caught up on your blog, and my heart goes out to you and your family. You are a very strong woman MSC. I am glad you got to see your precious angel. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish you and your family the best! May your precious angel rest in peace!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of love and prayers for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so happy you got to spend some time with your beautiful little angel.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete