My dad strikes again.
When he came to see me and the baby, he told me that, "All there is in life is love. That's what gets us through and that's what we hold onto."
So that's what I choose--I choose love and I choose to let it multiply and thrive.
I choose the love of my beautiful, sensitive husband, my friends and family, and yes, the love that I have for my baby and that I know my baby has for me. I'd rather spend 6 hours with her (seemed like 10 minutes) than never to have known the love of cuddling and kissing her, even though she was already gone on arrival. I'm going to hang onto that love and take it with me.
I surprised myself in so many ways this past weekend. It quickly became obvious that I wasn't having a miscarriage. This wasn't something that would just go away. I had a baby. And even if that baby was coming into the world already at peace, it still needed it's momma. So that's what I chose to be and I am so, so glad that I did.
I know to some it may be strange that I'm here and I'm talking about this so openly and sharing my grief, but honestly I've always been one to wear my heart on my sleeve and when I have the words, I share them.
I have my dark moments. I've cried until I couldn't breathe. But when I have that moment to gasp for breath, I'm so grateful to have that breath to take.
We all have choices of what we hold onto in life--our bad childhoods, our fears, our insecurities, etc. But really--the easiest and most beneficial choice is to hang onto the love. I don't consider it an act of strength. It's just life.
Wow. wow. wow. I love your post.
ReplyDeleteI think its awe-inspiring that baby Jude taught you (and all of us reading) that all we need is love. And your dad (and the Beatles for the matter) cant be wrong about that. I believe it. And I choose Love, too.
Thank you a million times for being so open. As I told you in my email, your story will forever be in my heart.
This breaks my heart. I am so sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteI love you and I love your dad.
ReplyDeleteWhile you may not consider it an act of strength, let me assure you my friend, it is. A very humble one at that.
ReplyDeleteHold onto that love. It will get you through many a dark hour.
m.monkey
Even through your grief, you have a way with words and I can't help but be in awe of you. Your Dad is a wise man.
ReplyDeleteyou are such an inspiration - really, i cannot find words to express what i feel after 'catching up' on your blog . . . how lucky jude is to have such a wonderful mother and how strong you are to be there for her!
ReplyDeletealthough a lurker, i wanted you to know that there is a world of people out here with you and your family in our thoughts and prayers!
You have an amazing outlook xoxo
ReplyDeleteYour dad is indeed very wise, and so are you. ::hugs:: Your words have really struck me, MSC, and they are a shining truth that this world needs. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteYou and your dad are amazing. I also love what monkey said, hold onto that love, it truly will get you through life.
ReplyDeleteestene
You and you dad are amazing. I love how monkey worded it, Hold onto that love. It truly will get you through life!
ReplyDeleteestene
You never stop amazing me. You are one of the most inspiring people I *know* and your daughter was very lucky to have you love her.
ReplyDeleteYour perspective is beautiful, and your ability to share right now is such a demonstration of strength, whether you're ready to see that in yourself now or not. God bless.
ReplyDeleteYOur words are so inspiring. I guess you take after your dad!
ReplyDeleteYou are so inspiring, and such a strong woman. The way you have taken what happened and trying to go on with your life. My heart is breaking for you, and I can't even imagine being in your shoes. Thank you for sharing your story with us, as I am sure it was hard for you. My prayers are with you and your family.
ReplyDeleteYour words are so beautiful! You and your dad are so wise and it's so true, hold onto that love. Thank you for sharing this, you are truly one the strongest people I've ever known.
ReplyDelete