Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Final Countdown

So… Why have I been quiet? Have I been busy? Have I not had things to say?

I honestly don’t know. I only have the lame sorts of excuses given by tweens who didn’t do their homework. I may promise to do better, but it’s probably a lie. *sigh*

But let’s roll like the comic books do and start in the thick of the plot. Drumroll please.



In Media Res…
This summer’s been an eventful one. I’ve been party planning my (not so) little tushy off for friends and family. Birthday parties, an engagement party, family cookouts… The list goes on and on. Throw in a little family vaycay to the OBX and a weekend on the lake with the IL’s and you have a full-fledged summer.

Except Ohio sucks and forgot to add the warm weather to the mix. We’re always forgetting something!

I’ve had things to say—but I’ve been recording all of my “letters to baby” in a paper journal so that my kid will have a better understanding of the importance of paying attention in penmanship classes. Wait, do they still do penmanship? Am I dating myself by admitting that we had penmanship? Shit.

The rest of my daily trials and tribulations get posted to my message board(s) of choice. So at the risk of being even more redundant, I haven’t been blogging.

But here’s what you really came here for:

I feel fine. Sure, I have random stabbing pains through my abdomen and lady bits and there are new oddities that pop up daily, but I’m just so effing grateful that I skipped morning sickness that overall I have to say that this pregnancy has been pretty easy so far. *knocks on wood*

And I bet you can’t guess what tomorrow is! While you try and guess, let me provide you with some entertainment (and the song that's stuck in my head right now, also showing my age.)



The big ultrasound! The day that I’ve been dying for since I got my BFP. The day I’ve obsessed, lost sleep over, and tried to manipulate my midwife into giving me an earlier date. Yes, it’s here!

So you ask, “Aren’t you excited, MSC? Are you freaking the fuck out like I thought you would?”

Meh.

It’s weird. Over the past few weeks, something has come over me that has released the anxiousness that I felt before. Sure, I’m glad that I’ll get to see my baby and check in to make sure it’s doing fine, but really? In my very core I guess at this moment I don’t care about the gender that much and everything feels like it’s going just fine.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s going to be great to actually get to shop and stop waiting to get things rolling, but there’s something about things starting to roll (and not to be able to stop) that has made me really relish and savor this moment.

It’s a world of possibility right now and I’ve been sitting back and smiling at it.

I’ve also been enjoying the past two weeks as I’ve started to feel a little motion. Still nothing distinct like a kick, but a general movement in my abdomen—sometimes a motion sick feeling, sometimes little pops. And my intestines are waaaaay up in my ribs so when my food digests, they vibrate like a cell phone is going off. Bizarre.

All of this combined is making it start to feel more real for me. I know it seems fairly simple and you’re all going to look at each other and say, “Duh, you’re a total dumbass” when I say this, but it just blows my mind that two people can come together and make another human being. Mindblowing, I tell you.

I am so ridiculously in love with my husband right now that I can barely handle it. I can’t even fathom creating something that’s uniquely both of us for us to nurture and love. (Okay, okay, enough mushy stuff!)

So tomorrow I’ll be around with an update… My boss has been forewarned that I’ll be spending the rest of the day selecting bedding, finalizing nursery plans, and shopping Hartstrings clearance, so I think we’re all set!

XOXO, MSC

4 comments:

  1. Im excited for you to find out what sex baby MSC is, cant wait for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I can't believe you FINALLY updated. I can't wait for tomorrow either. Booo to me having a busy day, but hopefully I will find out sooner than later. Have a great appointment luvah!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to find out what you are having!

    And btdub, I love that song. I sing it all the time. It seriously can fit in most situations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is supremely cruel to post this without a follow-up, just so you know. ;-)

    ReplyDelete