Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Turning the corner, seeing the light

It's happened a handful of times that when I vocalize that I'm starting to feel better, a shitstorm blows in and turns everything upside down again.

But it's been 5 days of feeling good--normal, in fact. I think you saw the first evidence of this on Friday when I posted that we booked our trip to Mexico--well, to go along with that I decided that I'm back on my healthy eating bandwagon, so I've been leading a fresh fruit and veggies assault. After a day or two of adjusting, I feel really good physically as well. So we're on our way, yes?

I feel like I've turned a corner. I think the end of 2009 is bringing some closure and I've completed some tasks related to the baby that I wanted to--addressed our medical bills, wrote her birth story, and OH! Wait! I forgot to tell you a few things!

Yesterday DH said he got a call from both the hospital billing department and the genetics counselor. The billing department is going to make some adjustments to our bill (YAY!) and I've been approved by my insurance company for Fragile X testing, bloodwork, and they're working on getting our kidney ultrasounds approved. I had sort of written off genetic testing as a possibility, but if insurance will cover it, why not go for it?

Yesterday was the winter solstice, aka "the darkest night of the year" and I decided to look at this occasion as a renewal of sorts--from here on out, things will get brighter and maybe if I just focus on the light, we'll get there faster.

Thank you for sticking with me in the darkness. I don't even know how to begin to express my gratitude for the endless support you guys have given to me.

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. *high five*

    I'm loving this perspective. I see much brighter times continuing to come your way, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really great way to look at things! That might help me get through the winter I think. ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are started to feel a little bit of normal, that's a hard place to get to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great news on the billing end of things! So glad you are seeing brighter days MSC, may they continue to get brighter for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been a lurker for quite sometime. I was drawn in by your story and feel like I've been holding my breath for you to
    "turn a corner." :o) It's wonderful to read! Here's to a Happier New Year and lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete