YIPPEE!! Ready for a quick change in tone?
We booked our vacation (for my "fauxternity leave" as I'm calling it) last night January 9-16 for Mexico. Really looking forward to fun, sun, and cocktails! WOOT! We got a great deal on an all-inclusive with great ratings and we're pumped. Now I have less than a month to drop the weight I gained while TTC earlier this year--and I *WILL* do it, even with the holidays in the mix. I'm an excited and determined woman!
AND! I think I've convinced DH to take another trip in May to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. I really would like to go to Belize, but January's weather there is too iffy, so I mentioned the idea last night and he was super open to it. YEAH!
AND! I got a holiday card from the White House yesterday. How cool is that? I'm on the President's friggin' Christmas card list. Guess those endless hours volunteering with the campaign paid off!
AND! It's Friday and I got an unexpected holiday bonus this week! I was the only one who got one because I'm awesome. Just kidding. We had layoffs last year and they don't normally do bonuses, but they wanted to thank us for working hard with less staff.
AND! Aunt Flo moved into town, so that marks two normal cycles. My ovaries are so awesome, it's like they're a well oiled machine. *pets ovaries* Way to go, girls.
Today marks 1 year since we started to try for a baby and you know what? I don't frigging care. It's a damn good day and I'm going to enjoy it. (And no, I don't have an answer on when we'll be trying again. And I'm okay with that.)
xoxo,
MSC
Hi! Congrats on Aunt Flo! You made me LOL at you petting your ovaries, hhahaha. We had a long TTC journey and were finally told we needed IVF but I met woman on the same journey who discovered that once they finally got pregnant (through IVF), it was like their bodies then knew what to do and they went on to have other natural pregnancies. It sounds like your body has figured it out now since you are having normal cycles (*knocks on wood*). I wish you luck in the future and hope you make Jude a big sister soon! Have fun on vacay!
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely a kickass day. Well done, woman! Nice way to end the week!
ReplyDeleteAnonymous--You really made me smile with the big sister comment! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteAw, I'm glad I made you smile and you saying that made me cry! What is wrong with me? lol ;p ~Katie
ReplyDeleteYipee! This is an awesome day. More good things to come. I know it. <3
ReplyDelete