Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A brighter tomorrow

So the weight that I felt lifted a few weeks ago has stayed away--and to that I say hoorah! I'm still feeling good--more myself than I've been in a long time. I feel like it's here to stay.

That said, a very important date/hurdle is approaching: My EDD of 1-9-10. And I'd be lying if I said that I didn't feel more than a little conflicted about this.

On one hand, I've been feeling better and I feel like I can power through it using my holiday mantra of "Today is what it is, not what it was supposed to be."

Part of me is shocked that this day ever came--it felt like something looming off in the distance... An surreal abstract date that would never arrive.

But it's here. And you know what we're going to do? We'll be getting up at the crack of dawn on Saturday, January 9th and we're hopping on a flight to Mexico that will have me with a cocktail in hand by lunchtime.

I figured that if I'm going to be all sad and distraught, I might as well do it on a beautiful beach, surrounded by sand and warmth. And did I mention cocktails?

And all I can say is, "Keep 'em coming!"

6 comments:

  1. I hope you guys have a GREAT time in Mexico! I think that is a fabulous plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have an amazing time, and thanks for that mantra, it really has helped me over the last few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant plan. Please have a great vacation, and take care of yourself on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! I hope you have a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy.every.freaking.minute...you deserve it and I will be thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, today is the 'official' edd for Gabriel, based on the last three u/s I had. But the ovulation based edd was 1-9-10 as well, which was always the date stuck in my head. My therapist had told me to take off work, and it wasn't until a friend emailed to say she was thinking about me today that I went, 'Huh. Oh, right. Today.'

    I'll be glad to be past this marker, but if I'm honest? I'm more focused on the outcome of our first official ttc cycle right now than I am on Gabe's edd. After all, he is now associated with his actual birthdate - Aug 24. August is his month, and January is just a fresh start.

    Cheers to tequila on a warm beach in Mexico as we move on ahead. And good luck - I hope we are pregnant again together.

    ReplyDelete