Yeah. I don't have any today. UGH, WTF?!
Our friend Lindsy has been battling cancer for the past 4 years or so and sadly she is losing her battle--very quickly. A few weeks ago they sent her home from the hospital, saying there was nothing more they could do. When we saw her shortly after that, she was swollen and in pain. It was hard to see her like that.
Well this morning DH got the call that she's been out of it for the past day and they're expecting her to go soon. He went out to his hometown to be there and just called a little while ago and the picture he painted me was really upsetting.
Apparently she's laying in bed, not blinking but tears streaming down her face. Her tongue is hanging out like she has cotton mouth and she's panting/moaning.
I've heard people say how cancer is a vicious, painful disease, but I had no idea that this was what the end could look like. It's awful and I can't get it out of my mind. I feel sad and trapped right now in my little cubicle.
On one hand I want to rush out there and be there for her, but at the same time I don't want to see it--and I can't help but think that she's already gone. And in a weird way, I kinda hope that she is so that she isn't aware of any pain and anguish.
Ugh. I don't want her to die! This is just so awful. She's so sweet and kind and should have such a beautiful life ahead of her...
I want bad things to stop happening to the people that I love. Like, now.
Im so sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer is such an agonizing disease. Your family and friends are in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry you, YH and your circle of friends are going through this right now. I'll say a prayer for Lindsy in hope that she doesn't experience the pain and is at peace soon.
ReplyDeleteOh what a horrible thing to happen to your friend, Im so very sorry for her and her family and for her friends.
ReplyDeleteI know you'll have some "good stuff" soon but until then, Im ok with be here for the "not so good stuff"
I am so sorry to hear about your friend. She and her family will be in my prayers tonight.
ReplyDeleteI'm really sorry, MSC, for your friend, and for all her family/friends who are suffering along with her. I hope and pray that she is at peace soon, and that all of you who love her are brought comfort and peace also. ::hugs::
ReplyDelete