I feel like I've wasted the entire year of 2009. I've wasted the last year of my 20s.
I spent the first part of the year hanging out on the interwebs and counting down the days until I ovulated. I read, researched alternative treatments for long cycles, talked to my e-friends, and stalked Fertility Friend religiously. I avoided contact with friends and family because I pretty much couldn't think of anything else to talk about... And if I was in the 2ww, I had to hide out because I wasn't drinking.
Then the BFP came--a little more hiding before we told people, as well as counting down the days/weeks until I was out of first tri and "safe." Lots of reading and researching, shopping (but not buying), journaling, and carefully navigating and obeying all of the pregnancy "rules." Then counting down to the big ultrasound and being able to shop.
And now here I am--counting down the days again. But not just until I can try again, but until I feel better and every day doesn't hurt so goddamn much. Until the day that I can tell someone the news of what happened without crying. Until the day that I can put away my baby's mementoes and not instinctively reach for her photo in a folder on my headboard because I need to feel her near me or have a sudden desire to see her cute little button nose. Until I stop tearing up at my cube at work writing effing blogs!
To add to this, I feel ridiculously boring lately, which makes me feel like I'm wasting time again. I mean, I don't mope about or anything like that. I don't cry all of the time. I mean I have my moments, but generally I'm in an okay mood. I'm just not as talkative and have a hard time answering the question, "Hey--what's up?" Because really? I don't have much to say if you're expecting me to carry the conversation.
Weeks are flying by as I look forward to each weekend so that I can be with my husband. I go to work, come home, hang out or watch Grey's Anatomy... But nothing is really going on. It's so quiet.
P.S. - I've decided that Monday's the day. I woke up this morning and after hitting snooze once, thought about temping. It'll give me time to bring it up to DH over the weekend so he knows and isn't awakened to the beeping sound and caught offguard. So there. All decided.
(((hugs))) MSC. Don't worry about being talkative and just enjoy your quiet time. You do what you need to do for you and your wonderful hubby! Good luck in your search for a better counselor.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you are going through this (((hugs))) Like Mrs. A said, enjoy your quite time. Maybe that is your time with your angel!
ReplyDeleteDo what you need to do. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteI.love.you
ReplyDeleteLots and lots.
That is all
You haven't wasted one day of 2009. You spent the first part dreaming, the second part worrying, and the third part mourning. The beauty of that is that each part adds up to where you are today. While we can't explain why those things happen, we do know that they lead us down a path to make us a different person, to see through different eyes. It's not a waste.
ReplyDeleteJust remember, you still have the fourth part of the year. Another 3 months. The only thing you need to do with those three months is to heal. That, my friend, is no waste of time!