Lindsy passed away a little before noon today. I ended up leaving work and got to say goodbye to her before they took her to the funeral home, though. We spent the afternoon/evening with her boyfriend and family.
*sigh*
It's just weird. I can't believe she's really gone, but the stillness in her room and body was one of the craziest things I've ever experienced. Apparently I'm sort of over my fear of dead things since losing Jude and being able to hold her, so I was able to sit by Lindsy and hold her hand. Crazy how things change.
But it's crazy-- since she hasn't looked like herself for awhile and she looked so weird this afternoon, it's like it wasn't her. I don't think this has really sunk in at all.
DH isn't home yet, but my cats are snuggled into bed with me to keep me company. I feel like I'm going to have nightmares tonight. Ugh.
Oh MSC, I am so sorry you lost your friend. I will say a prayer tonight that you and her family can find comfort.
ReplyDeleteMSC, I am truly sorry for your loss. I am sure that she is in a better place, pain free. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your DH...my heart goes out to both of you and Lindsay's family...
ReplyDelete-Mizz&Shizz from GP
i have no words ... only want to send cyber HUGS!!! i just know jude will keep the nightmares at bay, but if they sneak past, it's only because she is welcoming lindsy ...
ReplyDeleteIm so sorry to hear about Lindsey.
ReplyDeleteMy deepest sympathies on the loss of your friend.
ReplyDelete