Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My little Who down in Whoville

As the weekend approached, I could tell that we were getting closer to feeling outside kicks. I no longer have to be in a perfect sitting position with my pants pressed into my belly to feel motion--sure, it's not as strong when I'm standing, but it's there.

A few times I've felt a little pop and I've wondered to myself if my hand would have been on the outside if I would have felt it--and then on Sunday we were over at my dad's and I could feel tons of rumblings and motion and I had a feeling that outside kicks were soon to follow.

I spent most of the day probably looking like a total weirdo with my hands precariously perched on my lower abdomen, just waiting for the opportune moment. I felt a few rumbles and twitches, but I knew that I was only aware of them because I could feel them on the inside, too.

Then came time for dessert--and I slammed some delicious ice cream and a Coke and WHAM! There she was, in all her glory--making her soccer-loving momma proud. I quickly called DH over to join in the fun and after a minute, there was another kick. He smiled and said he could feel it--then WHAM! She kicked so hard I could feel it through his hand. His eyes lit up in disbelief and we both burst out laughing.

Like I said before, I'm completly and utterly addicted to this. I wish I could chug Coke and ice cream all of the time, but alas I'm being a good little mommy and just waiting for her to keep getting bigger and more obviously active.

3 comments:

  1. Awww!!! I'm so thrilled for you, MSC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! And I love the new blog layout, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally just welled up remembering what it was like to share that with my DH. It's definitely one of the most overwhelming joys of pregnancy. I can't say it enough, I'm SO thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete