I know that hearing about other people's dreams is about as interesting as reading the fine print on a coupon, so let's suffice it to say that I had two dreams about delivering our baby and they were both odd, but not frightening in any way. In fact, I kept commenting that there was no pain, just pressure.
I realize real birth will not be without pain, but I can't say enough how much I'm actually looking forward to it. I know. If you didn't think I was a total nutter before, you are now convinced! ;-)
We're in week 4/12 of our Bradley Birthing classes and I'm really interested to get past general pregnancy topics and into the labor and delivery portion. I find it fascinating!
In the grand tradition of our family, I'll be going at this process without medication. Clearly, I understand that circumstances can arise that can be game-changers, but I'd like to go into this with a no Plan B mentality. Honestly, I will be pretty much devastated if I can't go through with the plan for some unforseen reason, but I guess I'll just have to cross that bridge if I come to it.
I can't say that I've spent my whole life envisioning myself pushing a stroller, but oddly enough I've always envisioned myself pushing out a baby without medication. The reasons why this is the best choice for me are almost endless, but I'm not huge into preaching to people the "why" behind my decision. To me, saying that this is what I've always wanted should suffice, right?
Anyone else out there completely jazzed about delivery?
If I ever get pregnant, I will be! I don't think you are crazy at all. My SIL was totally looking forward to labor, and she did great - I think attitude is a big part of it.
ReplyDeleteI was completely frightened of labor until I actually went through it. Now I'm almost looking forward to the next time. Maybe I'm just hoping it's much later and much different? LOL The pain no longer scares the crap out of me.
ReplyDelete::raises hand:: I can't wait! I actually want to say, "It's going to be so much fun!" I have my doula all lined up and birthing ball ready to go. I'm sure people think I'm nuts too, but going without medication is very important to me. I just have to keep telling myself, "I can do this!"
ReplyDeletemeeeee! I've read some books about natural childbirth and I'm more excited than anything. I know it's not going to be all sunshine and rainbows and I know it's going to be painful, but the whole process is just so incredible and amazing to me and I am so excited that I get to experience it!
ReplyDeleteI loved the labor part of pregnancy actually, the rest I could do without. I was able to put on some music, zone out and just imagine my baby in my arms. We had conversations in my head with me telling her all about the great adventures we would have when she decided to make her appearance. When she actually arrived was the most euphoric and thrilling moment of my life, ever. I understood at that exact point why Michelle Duggar has so many kids. It's the rush and she's an addict. You are going to love your labor and delivery.
ReplyDeleteI would actually agree that the pressure vs. pain you mentioned is spot on! I LOVED labor/delivery, so I don't think it's crazy at all to look forward to it! Once I popped Jeffrey out, I wanted to go at it again. lol
ReplyDeleteI was always excited about labor/delivery and never had any fear to speak of really. My friends thought I was insane (and many questioned my ability to do it med free), but I read my books, took the classes, talked a lot with DH about needing his support and coaching, and walked in and out of labor sans meds and quite proud of myself for being a brave and strong momma (not to say that people that use meds aren't brave and strong, but I knew what I needed to do for me and for Xander). I won't lie -- it hurt like bloody hell. Seriously! And my husband still references the pooing and vomit and yelling, etc. But I'll do it again if we're blessed with another baby. And I know my husband was very proud of me, as well, which I appreciate! Good luck, momma!
ReplyDelete