Wednesday, June 3, 2009

All's quiet

I had an awesome appointment yesterday! I was just expecting a pap and bloodwork, but I got an ultrasound, too. The baby is measuring right on--8W3D and the heartbeat was strong at 176 bpm.

The last time I was in, we saw the heartbeat, but we didn't get to hear it. As soon as he turned on the sound, I immediately dissolved into tears. It was the most beautiful sound ever.

The only bad thing was that DH missed it--he didn't come with me because my RE hadn't mentioned an ultrasound. But we go back on the 12th for another u/s to make sure everything is moving along, so he's definitely going to that one.

So here's baby MSC... It's head down, but face up. If you rotate it to the right 90 degrees (and squint, and suspend disbelief) it almost looks like a baby.


Upon being informed that we were giving birth to Mr. Peanut, DH asked, "How did it get a top hat, monocle, cane, and shoes with splats in a placenta? I bet when you get an upset stomach it's due to the baby practicing its charleston. What a classy entertainer!"

Oh, DH!!

10 comments:

  1. Oh DH is right, but what a cute DH he is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, I am happy for you!

    CathyMD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! DH is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally looks like a baby -- love it! Glad you got to see your precious and hear that lovely sound, sorry your hubs missed it. Next time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO. That's awesome you heard the heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't the first U/S and heartbeat just incredible? Too bad DH missed it. At least you got a cute momento for him to see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I am really happy for you!

    ReplyDelete