Thursday, June 25, 2009

I am not alone

I know that the moment you find out you're pregnant that you're supposed to be overwhelmed with love for this cluster of cells growing inside you. You're supposed to immediately clasp your hands to your tummy, rub it, and talk to your baby. Your husband and you should cry tears of joy looking at that BFP together and every day talk about your dreams and wishes for your bundle of joy.

Right?

Well, that's not exactly how things have gone down in my world. Don't get me wrong, we've been super happy and excited at Casa de MSC, but the reality of the whole situation has taken a long time to sink in... And you'd think with 3 rounds of great betas and 3 ultrasounds so far that we'd be convinced.

The other night I went with some friends to see my beloved New Kids on the Block and sometime before the show I thought to myself, "This is my baby's first New Kids concert!" and I was suddenly overwhelmed with the weirdest feeling--I am not alone. This wasn't like a mental thing where it was becoming more real to me--but it felt like it was the baby making it's presence known for the first time. That feeling hasn't gone away since then and even thinking about it makes me pretty emotional. I tried to explain it to DH, and of course cried like a baby--but happy tears. The emotional connection is starting to grow and I'm starting to feel a wee bit more like a pregnant woman--not just like I play one on TV.

So I'm not talking to the baby yet, but I have instinctively placed my hand on my belly on a handful of occasions. I'm trying to keep that to a minimum because, well, it's annoying to watch other people do it.

But I am not alone. What a crazy feeling.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great epiphany moment! What a wonderful feeling to have. Can't wait to experience that myself someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more that your belly grows, the more weird and attached you become. =) It is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This just put a smile on my face! I am so glad to hear that you are bonding w/ baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an awesome moment...the first of many!

    ReplyDelete