Today, I gave up. Stress had been creeping up on me over the past week, giving me a wicked eye twitch and yesterday the stress headaches started and won't let up. We also had to attend a funeral yesterday for one of my friend's moms who we adored who passed away after a brain aneurysm.
So this morning when my alarm clock went off and my head was pounding from the tiny bits of light coming through our curtains, I gave up. I texted back and forth with my boss a little bit (seriously, best.boss.ever!) and agreed that I could stay home and do a little work from here. I knew I'd be useless if I went in.
I slept in with a pillow over my head until my eyes weren't bothered by the light anymore and I've spent my morning on the couch, alternating between doing work and just playing around on the computer. All in all, probably more work than I probably would have gotten done in the office.
So maybe this is the easy way out to cheat my way 1 day closer to our ultrasound on Wednesday, but you know what? Fuck it. ;-)
I'm glad that you listened to the signals your body was sending and took a day for yourself. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteYou'll be in my thoughts on Wednesday.
Everyone deserves a break sometimes. :)
ReplyDelete