I swear, I could scream it from the rooftops--and I damn near did this weekend.
I do not care that she's 6 (okay, almost 7) months old and has no idea what she was saying. I DO NOT CARE. It was effing magical. Like unicorns and rainbows and Cabbage Patch Kids being birthed out of mother-freaking-Earth. There were harps playing and special heavenly lighting. And Cheetos falling like raindrops. That kind of magical.
We were hanging out in the living room with her in my lap when DH was assigned the task of suctioning out her nose because she had been so stuffed up she was having trouble nursing. She writhed about, moaning and trying to avoid his nasal secretion removal efforts when suddenly she said very loudly in a voice I've never heard her use, "MMMMM... MAMA!"
Heart.melt.
I'm so glad that there were witnesses to this event to share inthe magic, as my younger sister was there as well. DH damn near cried.
The thing is, we all gasped and started cheering so loudly that I think we scared her into never saying it again. But even if I never hear the word again, that one moment was enough for me. ;-)
That is awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your description, as I too, am a fan of said magically described things.
Congrats, mama!
It's an amazing feeling! It's still an amazing memory, as was her first steps, I try to go back to those moments when I'm feeling frazzled and I try to remember what it's *really* all about. Cherish it.
ReplyDeleteBask in it, mama!
ReplyDeleteOh! You melted my heart with this! I can't wait for Emma to get there!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I'm glad you're back!!
Enjoy--you've earned it!
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!
ReplyDelete