I'd make some valiant, dramatic promise to never let a few weeks lapse, but I think we'd both know it's a dirty lie. You know me better than that.
So anyway--here's where we left off (and apparently the precise point when I decided to give up on actually doing my hair).
33w6d

And then the day I was finally arrested for cardigan abuse...
34w6d

And finally Ohio decided to cool off a little bit, so I pulled out one of the three sweaters that fit me (This is actually a Limited Too size 14 sweater dress... judge all you want, it's comfortable even though I look like a walking blob of chewed up Bubbalicious.
35w6d

How far along? 35w6d
Stretch marks? *whispers* No. I'm hiding from them. I mean, I know they'll find me soon, but I'm going to hide out as long as possible.
Sleep: Well, I'm up to pee about 3 times a night now (had been doing well with 1-2 lately). At 4:305:00 I wake up with crazy thirst, then acid reflux, and can't fall back asleep until 20 minutes before my alarm goes off. Oh and my hips crack like they're breaking in half when I roll over to get out of bed. Despite all of that, I'm doing pretty well--and I mean that! Once I'm up and moving, I'm fine.
Best moment this week: I think she's head down again. Just need to confirm on Tuesday at my MW appointment and then I can start trying to move her posterior because this little lady is sunny side up right now!
Movement:
Food commentary: I'm struggling. All I want are waffle fries and ranch dressing and my chicka-cherry-colas. That's it. I'm still eating other things, but they're not what I want.
Labor Signs: Since last Thursday, I suddenly became one big Braxton Hicks contraction. I feel like it's pretty much 24/7. It doesn't hurt, it just feels weird and tight. Hopefully I'll get used to it. I'm using them as an opportunity to practice my relaxation and belly breathing.
Belly Button in or out? Still in! Oh for the love of god, I hope it stays in because honestly, outies gross me the F out.
What I miss: Have I mentioned lately how much I miss sleeping on my back lately? OOOOH! I cannot wait!!
What I am looking forward to: We're finally getting carpeting today, so I get to work on the baby's room all weekend and then get my house back to normal! I AM SO EFFING EXCITED, it's been a state of chaos since like May!
Weekly Wisdom: I took a really great breastfeeding class the other night at a local breastfeeding center. While it's not wisdom to share since I don't have any actual experience in it yet, it made me feel good, supported, and a little bit more prepared for actually feeding my child when they arrive into the world.
Weekly WTF: WTF, time? Why are you going so fast? I'm really going to miss having my little belly buddy around, keeping me entertained with her pushes, punches, and hiccups. Is it wrong that I kinda like being pregnant? I mean, I'm ready for a break (been pregnant 57 of the last 73 weeks or so) but overall pregnancy has been pretty good to me.
Nesting madness: Dude, did you see what I'm looking forward to??
Milestones: Some dr's/hospitals consider 36w full term. I think it's a milestone to hit the point where people won't freak out if you happen to go into labor. And yesterday was Sep 9--one month from my EDD!!
You look so awesome!!!! And I totally agree with you on the carpet thing, that would really excite me too :)
ReplyDeletealways checking on ya MSC! Congrats on full term!
ReplyDeleteYou look great! I'm so excited for you, Lillian will be soon!!! Yay!
ReplyDeletewahoooooooooo Full Term! and you look gorgeous, mama!
ReplyDeleteI love every last inch of your bubaliciousness!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you updated! You look fantastic hun, I can't believe how the time has flown.
ReplyDelete